Our policy explains how and why your personal information is collected and utilized and in what type of capacities.
Information we collect
We collect information to give you access to the members-only sections of TXRECS.org. We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. In order to be a member or a vendor listed on TXRECS.org we require certain information to create an account. When you do, we will ask for personal information like name and email. If a vendor wants to take full advantage of our membership we will ask you to provide specific company information which may include your phone number and referral contact information.
- Information we get from your use of our services. When you become a member of any of the four TXRECs your personal information is collected, we use your email address to reach out to you and inform you of your user name and password to TXRECS.org. We also use your email to inform you of news and events.
We use Google Analytics to track and collect your personal data about how often and by which means you view TXRECS.org. The information we use includes:
- Device information. We may collect device-specific information (such as your browser type, hardware model and operating system version).
- Location information. We track your location by country. Other GPS features are not used.
How we use the information we collect
We use your personal information to allow you access to our members-only section and to send email announcements about our services.
When you contact TXRECS.org, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might have and to track issues on our website.
Other ways your information may be used and/or protected includes:
- Cookies. We only utilize cookies to enhance the speed at which you view our site. No personal information is collected. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser to prevent cookies from being placed in your computer without your consent. If your computer is programmed to reject our cookies, you should still be able to use the capabilities of our website, but we do not guarantee your ability to do so. We do not have access to any cookies which may be placed in your browser by unaffiliated third-parties.
- Disclosure of Personal Information. We will not sell, rent or send your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- Your Security. To protect you from any misuse or unauthorized use of your personal information, we require passwords and a firewall to prevent access for unauthorized users. However, we cannot guarantee complete security and are not be responsible for the misuse or unauthorized use of such information by third parties.
- Other Websites. Our website may contain links to and from other websites. We do not guarantee that any such websites will respect and protect your personal information in the same manner that we do. We recommend that you read the Privacy Policies of those other websites when you visit them for your own protection and benefit. We are not responsible for the content, products or services contained in or offered by any other websites.
Information you share
If you post on our discussion page, your username will appear associated with your post and any site viewer can see it. Only logged-in members can view additional information such as your number of posts and last visit date.
Transparency and Choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about the information we collect, and allow you to choose if you would like to stop our communication with you. If you decide to opt-out of our services or emails, please send an email to
with subject line of “Opt Out”.